Thursday 7 April 2011

Works in Progress

This little old man is drawing I have been wanting to do for a while, he looks so innocent and vulnerable, I want to try and portray that emotion to the viewer. He is only partly done at the moment, I will post a better photo when he's finished.

This lad is an experiment, I wanted to set away from stark white backgrounds and mix a bit of colour into the drawing too. He has the most amazing colour hair, that he really stood out.

This young lady is not finished, but I got too eagar and put her in a frame to see how she would look, I love that she sits in the bottom corner, I think I'll call the drawing "The naughty corner".


These two drawings are again- experiments. Paul Emsleys work really inspired me so I am trying out black background, it seems to make the figures "jump" out of the paper! The female is on board about A2 so its quite a large piece but doesn't have a huge amount of detailing. The man is on a piece of paper about 1m wide x 1.5m tall, but the figure itself is about the size of A3, but I am putting heaps of detail in his drawing. I am feeling really inspired at the moment which is great, I feel like I have lots of drawings on the go at once but hopefully I will be posting a couple of finished ones tomorrow or saturday!

1 comment: